Work Hard, Play Hard
At Atlas, we are committed to our staff, their health (mentally & physically), and their professional development. We do anything we can to support them by offering monthly office bonding opportunities, on-the-job mentoring and job-related courses available through self-study and external educational institutions. We promote recognition awards and encourage employees to continuously pursue a work-life balance approach.
Office Activities Committee
The Office Activities Committee or OAC supports group dynamics through community involvement and themed office activities.
- Employees are given the one afternoon off a year to enjoy movies and snacks.
- Our office bowling competition brings team members together for an afternoon of food and competitive bowling.
- We support many non-profits including the Food Bank, Easter Seals, and Kupu to name a few.
- At our annual holiday party, employees come together to enjoy food, activities, prizes and lively entertainment.
Healthy Employees Achieve Results Together
Healthy Employees Achieve Results Together or HEART is our company well-being program. Its mission is to cultivate a healthy, caring and happy workforce, with collaboration and harmony.
The three well-being pillars that support HEART are Physical Activities, Health Eating, Work-life Balance.
- Charitable Run/Walk Events keep the employees and their families active and fit:
- Step-Out Walk to Stop Diabetes
- Kaiser Permanente’s Start Steppin’
- The Great Aloha Run (GAR).
- We partner with Local Inside and Otsuji Farms to deliver fresh produce on site. When fresh produce is readily available, it is easier to make healthy meals.
- Local chefs from The Pacific Club, FCH Enterprises, Kahala Hotel & Resort, Prince Resorts – Waikiki, Waikiki Yacht Club, Bradley Ogden, Turtle Bay Resort, Mauna Kea Resort and Down to Earth teach employees how to cook simple, nutritious meals.
- Employees compete in healthy cooking competitions including salads, international cuisine, and smoothies.
- Massage therapists to provide a complimentary 15-minute massage. Therapists earn credit hours toward their certification and employees “de-stress”.
- Certified financial planners conduct seminars to help employees plan for retirement.
- Employees easing into retirement or taking care of elderly family members learn about Medicare, Social Security and Medicare Advantage, while AARP programs helps them to maintain independence.
- WorkLife Hawaii provides employees and family members with resources and support to weather life’s challenges.
Effective communication is essential, regardless if its in a work environment or your personal life. That’s why, we have taken it upon our self to establish our own chapter of Toastmasters International. Through Toastmasters, Atlas aims to create a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.
Every Toastmasters journey begins with a single speech. During their journey, they learn to tell their stories. They listen and answer. They plan and lead. They give feedback—and accept it. Through a community of learners, they find their path to leadership.
Encouraging Professionals, Inspiring Collaboration
Our newest office committee, Encouraging Professionals Inspiring Collaboration or EPIC, is an emerging professionals program designed to educate and develop professionals, by providing networking, career development, and volunteer opportunities to employees.
EPIC is open to all, a voluntary commitment and an exceptional opportunity for members to accelerate their careers. It is unique in the sense that the board and its members have the freedom to guide EPIC in a direction to best suit and address the needs of the entire group. Rooted in collaboration and the belief in One Atlas, EPIC provides a positive environment for professional development and career progression.
- Panel discussions with local business leaders.
- Networking events with fellow networking groups.
- Community service efforts focused on local nonprofits.
- Monthly general meetings to keep the group updated and discuss upcoming events.