Join our AOAO, risk control, claims management, and benefit consulting team, along with Porter McGuire Kiakona LLP, for a live virtual webinar as we dive into the deep impacts of COVID-19 and what AOAOs can do to navigate the loosening COVID-19 restrictions. Through a dynamic panel discussion, the webinar will cover:
- Employee benefit design and compliance considerations when returning employees back to work.
- State of the AOAO insurance market post COVID-19 and policy changes to expect.
- Steps AOAOs can take to minimize the board of directors’ liability.
- Best practices to protect residents and maintain safety of common areas.
- Anticipated claims AOAOs may face regarding COVID-19.
Download the seminar flyer here.
- Hosted by: Atlas Insurance Agency
- When: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- Time: 10:00am to 11:30am
- Where: Zoom meeting
- Cost: Free to attend
Attending the Webinar
Limited webinar capacity. It is essential to RSVP as soon as possible, Zoom will not accept further attendees once the webinar capacity is reached.
Please RSVP by Friday, June 19th. All RSVPs must be completed by filling out the link below with your name, organization, and email address. The RSVP link will also accept any questions you would like to have addressed during the Q&A portion of the webinar.
Panel Speaker Bios
- Bonnie Pang: Senior Vice President of Benefit Consulting, Atlas Insurance Agency. She joined Atlas Insurance Agency, Inc. in 2007 to establish a Benefit Consulting practice complementing the already successful Commercial Property and Casualty unit. Bonnie has over twenty years of experience in health insurance and Employee Benefits working with medium and large employers in grocery, construction, Taft-Hartley, airlines, education, hospitality, law, retail, non-profit, transportation and education including union and non-union. She has experience in design, implementation and management of self-insured, disability management and Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) programs. Prior to joining Atlas, Bonnie led the Health and Welfare practice for Mercer in Hawaii. Bonnie is a member of the Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM) and past-President of the Hawaii Association of Health Underwriters (HAHU). She is an appointed member to the Hawaii Prepaid Health Care Council, Chair for SHRM Hawaii — Oahu Program Committee, and serves on the United Benefit Advisors (UBA) Product, Tools and Services Committee.Bonnie is a graduate of the University of Redlands with a BA in International Relations and a MBA from the University of Phoenix.
- Kapono Kiakona: Partner, Porter McGuire Kiakona LLP, has been practicing law since 2002. Kiakona concentrates his practice on association law and all transactional legal matters that transpire with the governance of associations. He also has experience in commercial, real estate, and construction litigation; mediation and arbitration; and foreclosure law. Kiakona is the 2020 President of the Hawaii Chapter of the Community Associations Institute, the Vice President of the Native Hawaiian Bar Association and is a member of the Hawaii State Bar Association. Drawing upon his extensive background working with community associations, he regularly conducts seminars on association law for property managers and boards of directors. He presented at the Hawaii State Bar Association’s Bar Convention and Annual Meeting in 2016 and the Hawaii Bankruptcy Bar Association’s Conference in 2015. Committed to his clients, he frequently flies to the outer islands to work with them in person. Additionally, he wrote “Federal Legislation: The Pool and Spa Safety Act” for the Hawaii Community Association. He is also licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado. Born and raised in Kailua, Hawaii, Kiakona graduated from Kalaheo High School. In 1998, he earned his B.A. in political science from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Fascinated by how the law could be interpreted and implemented, he went on to achieve his J.D. from the Boston University School of Law in 2001.After serving as a summer extern for then Federal Magistrate Judge Leslie E. Kobayashi and a year clerking for Oahu First Circuit Court Judge Dexter Del Rosario, he began his legal career as a litigator defending individuals, medical providers, employers and associations. He soon found his passion representing condominium and community associations, and became a partner of PMK in 2012.
- Keane Muranaka: Senior Claims Consultant, Atlas Insurance Agency, has 25 years of claims management experience and has held various claims positions in the local property and casualty industry. Prior to joining Atlas, he was Assistant Vice President, Claims Supervisor — Field Unit for Island Insurance Company, Ltd. His previous claims experience also includes positions with the National Interstate Insurance Company, Hawaii Hurricane Relief Fund and Pacific Insurance Company. Muranaka earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and is a graduate of Damien High School. He is past President of the Hawaii Insurance Claim Managers Association and is a member of the Hawaii Claims Association.
- Kevin Crawford: AOAO Risk Control Consultant, Atlas Insurance Agency. Crawford brings six years of insurance industry experience to the Atlas team as a Risk Consultant in the Risk Control and Claims Management unit. Formerly with a local insurance carrier, Kevin’s claims adjusting background in property and casualty will provide valuable insights to the servicing of Atlas clients. In his new role, Kevin will be responsible for providing risk control services to various Atlas clients, with a focus on customer service and technical assistance. Kevin holds a BA in business administration and a Risk Management and Insurance Certificate from the University of Hawaii at West Oahu. He is a resident of Aiea.
- Ron Tsukamaki: AOAO Consultant, Atlas Insurance Agency. Ron Tsukamaki brings over 45 years
of insurance industry experience to Atlas Insurance Agency as an AOAO consultant. He currently helps manage over 300 condominiums and HOAs for a variety of clients. Ron holds a bachelor’s in chemical engineering from Oregon State and the CPCU and ARM designations.
- Carol Davis: Executive Vice President, Atlas Insurance Agency. As executive vice president of sales and retention, Carol Davis emphasizes a complete risk management approach. Her professional experience involves working with public entity clients throughout the state as well as large private sector clients. Additionally, Carol leads the nonprofit and healthcare specialty segments for the insurance agency, where she serves some of Hawaii’s largest nonprofit organizations. Prior to joining Atlas, Carol was at Marsh USA for 10 years and is a former member of Make-A-Wish Hawaii’s board of directors and currently serves on the Board of Directors for Hawaii Theater Center. With over two decades of experience in the insurance industry, Carol is a property and casualty insurance producer and has also earned the insurance industry’s highest designation — certified Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter. Carol received her bachelor’s in business administration from the University of Hawaii and her Master’s degree in business administration from Chaminade University.
Please email Slayde Omura at firstname.lastname@example.org.